Tristar Mechanical Limited, a leading & innovative Mechanical / Electrical Contractor involved in commercial and industrial projects, has an immediate opening for Safety Coordinator to join our team.
We are offering a fulltime position with competitive wages, including medical/dental group insurance package, and a RRSP contribution plan.
The Position will involve:
- As a Health & Safety Coordinator, you will be responsible for the implementation of the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Management System, Standards, Guidelines and Safe Work Procedures.
- The Coordinator will understand hazard identification with applicable HSE requirements, as well as participate in the review of HSE Standards, Guidelines, and Procedures to ensure those developed are effectively implemented and managed.
- The successful candidate will be team oriented and work closely with Senior Project Management and Site Superintendents to fulfill all project HSE requirements.
- Provide proactive health, safety leadership by example.
- Participate in the development of HSE Guidelines, Standards, and Procedures and ensure these are effectively implemented.
- Stay current with applicable government regulations and assess and advise on safety and health issues.
- Perform worksite inspections with the site OHS Committee members and manage meetings.
- Participate in COR Audits
- Perform system / audits – isolations, permit to work, etc.
- Conduct, support, and make recommendations on incident investigations and report to Management.
- Coordinate inspections and record of maintenance, etc. for safety equipment.
- Perform new Employee Orientations.
- Review, maintain, and update the required safety training for company staff.
- Other duties and activities as appropriate and necessary.
- Post secondary diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
- A valid First Aid Certificate and other certified safety training would be an asset.
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record is required.
- Own transportation (reliable)
- Proven ability to maintain confidences and ensure confidentiality of information and records.
- Proficiencies in Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PDF are required.
- Effective communication, organizational and conflict resolution skills are essential
If you are interested in joining our team in fast paced construction environment, please apply in confidence via the form below. Considering the current pandemic we are only accepting non-contact drop off at our office: 222 Danny Drive, Galway Business Center.
No Phone calls Please.
We thank all applicants for their interest and only those being considered will be contacted.