Please indicate on your resume you are applying for a Journeyperson Position.
Tristar Mechanical Limited a leading & innovative Mechanical and Electrical Contractor that has been a key member of the construction industry for over 35 years! We have immediate openings for Journeyperson Electricians for projects in the St. John’s and metropolitan area. These are full-time positions, with highly competitive wages ($37.5 Journeyman rate), a group insurance plan, RRSP contributions, and 10% vacation pay. We are seeking long-term employees that want a stable, challenging, and rewarding career.
The position involves:
- A strong background in commercial projects
- Knowledge of current electrical codes and construction practices
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work alongside and/or direct others
- Time and material management skills
- A commitment to safety and professionalism
- Being a reliable member of the team
- Confidence and competence to handle multiple responsibilities and/or full projects (Foreman specific)
- Work closely with site supervisors and project managers to fulfill all project requirements.
The successful candidate should:
- Possess an Electrical Red Seal Certificate (Minimum 4 years for a Foreman Position)
- Have current WHMIS
- Safety certifications such as aerial work platforms/lifts, Fall Protection, Confined Space, First Aid, Powerline Hazards, etc. are considered an asset.
- Have strong communication skills
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Able to take direction from immediate supervisor(s)
- Be a good problem solver with the ability to identify alternate solutions
- Ensure that the job is completed in a safe and timely manner
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Own a vehicle (May be provided for a Foreman Position)
- Work well under pressure
- Work continuously as an individual as well as in a group
- Contribute to a safe and respectful work environment
If you are interested in joining our team in a fast-paced construction environment, please apply in confidence via the form below or drop by our office 222 Danny Drive, Galway.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those considered will be contacted.