Please indicate you are an Apprentice (including year) in your application.
Tristar Mechanical Limited a leading & innovative Mechanical Contractor involved in duct fabrication and installation for HVAC systems, has an immediate opening for Journeyperson and Apprentice sheet metal workers for projects in the St. John’s and metropolitan NL area. We offer a fulltime position, competitive wages, medical/dental, and an RRSP contribution plan.
The position involves:
- All aspects of Sheetmetal work including fabrication, assembly, and installation of mechanical HVAC systems
- Review drawings, plan routing and identify potential issues.
- Use of fabrication equipment such as shears, brakes, punches, etc.
- Working in a fabrication shop as well as on job sites
The individual(s) will work closely with site supervisors and project managers to fulfill all project requirements.
The successful candidate should:
- (If Apprentice) have an updated logbook indicating their apprentice year
- Have certifications in their indicated trade
- Safety certifications such as WHIMIS, LIFT CERT, FALL PRO, etc. preferred
- Have strong communication skills
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Able to take direction from immediate supervisors
- Be a good problem solver with the ability to identify alternate solutions
- Ensure that the job is completed in a safe and timely manner
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Own reliable transportation
- Work well under pressure
- Be able to meet deadlines
- Work continuously as an individual as well as in a group
- Contribute to a safe and respectful work environment
If you are interested in joining our team in fast paced construction environment, please apply in confidence via the form below or drop by our office 222 Danny Drive, Galway.
We thank all applicants for their interest only those considered will be contacted.